Air Purifier Installation & Maintenance
The air in the average home has a lot of contaminants, as many as five times more than the outdoor air, which is why ventilation inside the house is so important. An air purifier will keep the air fresh and moving, keeping the old and stale air out. Many homes don’t have proper ventilation, which where an air purifier can help.
Why Do You Need an Air Purifier?
Not sure your home can’t benefit from an air purifier? We have ten reasons it would:
- Air purifiers ensure clean air for breathing.
- Air purifiers remove foul odors from cooking, pets, tobacco, and more.
- Air purifiers combat airborne allergens released from pet dander.
- Air purifiers neutralize smoke odors.
- Air purifiers trap dust to keep it from building up.
- Air purifiers remove as much as ninety-nine percent of airborne bacteria.
- Air purifiers fight seasonal allergens making it easier to breathe.
- Air purifiers stop germs from spreading that cause sickness like colds and flu.
- Air purifiers keep the lungs happy by cleaning the air.
- Air purifiers are portable, making it easy to place them wherever they are needed.
Installation of Air Purifier
Portable air purifiers are available in home improvement stores and online and can be installed easily by plugging them in an electrical outlet. Select the air purifier that is right for the size of the room you’ll be placing it. Ideal for bedrooms, dens, or family rooms, wherever you spend most of your time.
A whole-home air purifier needs professional installation by an HVAC company. These types of air purifiers use either filter media or Ultraviolet lights, need direct plumbing connection, and will work in conjunction with your HVAC system.
Maintenance Tips of Air PurificationA whole-home air purifier that uses a filter to keep the most efficiency, the filter should be replaced on a regular schedule between six to twelve months. Check the owner’s manual for the manufacturer’s recommendations and instructions on how to change the filter. Use only filters recommended for the brand and model of air purifier you purchase. The filters on most portable air purifiers are reusable and need to be hand-washed, following the instructions and recommendations in the owner’s manual. If you choose an air purifier with a UV light, you can expect a lifespan between one year and three years. These can be changed during the routine system inspection and tune-up by a professional HVAC technician.
Installation & Repair Costs
To clean the air in your home, a portable air purifier is inexpensive, but a whole-home air purifier system is more efficient. A portable air purifier starts around $30 and can cost upwards in the $100’s. Place them where you want them, plug them in and you’re done. No professional installation is needed.
A whole-home air purifier can cost around $1,000 and up and require professional installation, and additional cost. The total cost of purchasing and installing a whole-home air purifier will depend on the brand and model you choose.
Things you should know about Air PurifiersIf you’re looking to improve the air quality in your home, air purifiers and air purification systems are the best tools available today.
- Air purifiers are available in a portable and whole-home system.
- Professional installation is not needed for portable air purifiers. Your HVAC contractor can install a whole-home air purifier.
- Airborne contaminants are trapped by either a filter or UV light, depending on the model of the air purifier.
- Air purifiers are low maintenance that includes changing or cleaning the filter or UV lightbulb.
- Portable air purifiers are the least expensive way to clean your home’s air, starting around $30, and no professional installation required.
- A whole-home system can start around $1,000 for the equipment and additional for the installation.
- Air purification systems effectively remove common allergens like dust, pet dander, and pollen.
- Air purifiers remove odors so that your home smells clean and fresh.
- Choose a HEPA filter for the most efficiency with your air purification system.
- Choose an air purification system that fits the room space or the square footage of your home for the best results.