Professional Drain Cleaning ServicesDrain Cleaning Services in the Conejo Valley
Are you constantly worried over the possibility of a wastewater backup in your home or business premises? Are you frustrated with drain blockages wreaking havoc in your home? Conejo Valley Heating and Air Conditioning can help! We are your local expert on all things plumbing, from drain cleaning and plumbing repairs to energy-efficient upgrades, tankless water heaters, and faucets.
Focusing on our drain cleaning services, we use state-of-the-art equipment to identify the problem areas in your drains and successfully clear the way for wastewater to flow freely again. Our company owns the equipment and trucks our team uses and covers all insurance requirements, allowing you to access quality plumbing services at prices you can comfortably afford. What’s more, you can save more money with our time-to-time special offers.
24/7 plumbing service availability means you can have your drains or sewer lines cleared and repaired at any time. Our highly trained and experienced technicians are always on time and won’t sell you anything you do not need. Call us today at 805-499-0448.Request a Quote
Table of Contents
Residential and Commercial Drain Cleaning Services
Super slow drains and overflowing toilets. The occasional trips back to the store to buy drain cleaners that only work halfway and even damage your pipes. This doesn’t have to happen any longer with a reliable, trustworthy plumbing contractor who always delivers.
At Conejo Valley Heating and Air Conditioning, our mission is to provide superior craftsmanship at reasonable rates for all customers – be they commercial or residential. We complete the job quickly and cleanly, so your drains get back to normal fast, allowing you to resume life without disruption.
Advanced equipment and techniques enable our plumbing experts to deliver efficient, safe, and quick solutions for all drain blockages, regardless of the severity. We also handle sewer line maintenance, drain repair, clogged toilet repair, sewer line replacement and root removal, and more plumbing services in Conejo Valley. That saves you the hassles and the high costs of hiring different plumbing experts for different needs.
Call us at 805-499-04889 for a free quote on drain cleaning or repair services that won’t bust your wallet.
Common Causes of Clogged Drains
Drain blockages can be attributed to many culprits, including:
- Food Waste: Food wastes, including coffee grounds, eggshells, tea leaves, sandwich spreads, and salad dressings, can accumulate and clog your drains. Cooking oils cool down and solidify in the pipes, creating debris traps.
- Hair: Human hair and animal fur can slow down your bathroom sink and bathtub drain. The hair combines with sticky substances such as soap and grease and with time, leading to drain blockages.
- Cotton Products: Common household cotton products, such as feminine hygiene products, diapers, cotton swabs, and wipes do not disintegrate and can block your drain when flushed down the toilet.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots penetrate and grow within sewer pipes, obstructing wastewater flow. Resolving this problem requires a professional drain cleaning and repair expert.
- Small Solid Objects: Small objects (including toys and pencils) accidentally flushed down the toilet or somehow found their way into shower or sink drains could cause a clog.
- Mineral Buildup: The different minerals in hard water can accumulate and block your drains. If this happens, you have no choice but to call a local plumbing contractor to descale the drain pipes.
- Dirt: Washing dirt and mud down your sink increases the risk of drain blockage, especially when the dirt combines with grease, soap, and hair.
How to Avoid and Prevent Drain Clogs
If you want to prevent the constant need for drain cleaning, get started with these preventive measures against plumbing clogs:
- Flush your drains with a warm water and vinegar combination at least monthly. The mixture helps dissolve and flush away grease and other minor clogs in your drains.
- Minimize dependence on the garbage disposal. Always discard any food waste in a compost bin and not down your drains.
- Install a food stopper on top of your kitchen drain to prevent food particles from finding their way into your pipes. It’s an immensely cheap investment compared to professional drain cleaning.
- Install a hair strainer to prevent hair from s down your shower drain.
- Wipe up excess cooking oil with paper towels and throw them into an outdoor compost container. Larger amounts of fat should harden in cans or jars and be thrown away with the garbage.
- Do not flush anything except human waste and toilet paper down the toilet. That included cat litter, feminine hygiene products, condoms, baby wipes, dental floss, diapers, etc.
Is it Safe to Use Chemical Drain Cleaners?
The active ingredient in most chemical drain cleaners is sodium hydroxide (also known as lye or caustic soda) or its derivatives, with the common base being sulfuric acid. These chemicals are highly corrosive, meaning they can damage your pipes. Additionally, they can cause burns if they come in contact with your skin or eyes. Their toxic fumes can irritate your throat and lungs.
While you can use chemical cleaners sparingly, strictly adhering to the manufacturer’s guidelines, they are more likely to produce short-term results. Professional drain cleaning services providers like Conejo Valley Heating and Air Conditioning use more effective equipment and techniques that guarantee long-term results.
When to Look for Drain Cleaning and Repair Services
Below are the top signs you need professional drain cleaning and repair:
- Slow Drains: if you notice your drains are persistently slow, it could indicate a clog in your drain pipe or sewer line.
- Unpleasant Drain Odor: Unpleasant sewer odor infiltrating your home points to inefficient sewage removal. In this case, call a local plumbing expert to investigate and resolve the root cause.
- Gurgling drains: Gurgling sounds from the sink, toilet, or floor drains stem from air trapped within your plumbing. It could be a blocked P-trap, drain pipe, sewer line, or vent pipe.
- Water leaks: Large water pools in the yard and wet spots on walls/ceiling signal plumbing leaks. A plumbing contractor can help with professional leak detection and sewer line/drain repair.
Our Drain Cleaning Process
At Conejo Valley Heating and Air Conditioning, our drain cleaning process follows the steps below:
- Video Camera Inspection: Our technicians run a video camera through the clogged drain to identify the problem area, determine the extent of the clog, and decide if drain repair is necessary.
- Drain Clearing: Our plumbing experts use a motorized auger or hydro jetter to clear your drain. The choice between the two drain cleaning equipment depends on the clog severity and location. We will be happy to discuss your options for any drain repair required.
- Final Evaluation: A final video camera inspection is necessary to ensure quality and accuracy. Our team will also run water down your drains to ensure smooth flow.
What is the Average Cost of Drain Cleaning?
The costs of professional drain cleaning services in Conejo Valley vary substantially, primarily depending on the severity of the clog.
On average, clearing a laundry drain will set you back between $150 and $215. A bathroom drain clog ranges between $100 and $200. Expect to spend around $100-$270 on a professional remedy for toilet clogs. Schedule an appointment with our drain experts at Conejo Valley Heating and Air Conditioning for a free quote.
Contact a Drain Cleaning Expert
Do not let blocked drains frustrate you anymore. Our friendly and highly qualified plumbers are experts in drain cleaning and are available 24/7 for all your commercial and residential plumbing needs. Our customers count on us to effectively clear even the stubbornest of drain clogs with a unique blend of state-of-the-art equipment and over 40 years of industry experience. Contact us anytime at 805-499-0488 to learn more or book a plumbing service.