Should I repair or replace my system? Before deciding, ask yourself these questions first:
- Am I operating an efficient system?
- A new 13 SEER air conditioner or heat pump is much more efficient than the older 10 SEER models and will save you money on your electric bill. Are you getting the most for your money? For example, a 13 SEER can amount to a savings of about 23% compared to a 10 SEER. Just think you could possibly save up to 60% on your energy bills with a new, high-efficiency system. In a short period of time, your new high-efficiency system could actually pay for itself.
- My system is only a few years old. Is it worth it to replace it?
- Your current system may be enormously inefficient by today’s energy efficiency standards. History illustrates the energy efficiency of an air conditioning system. In 1992, the typical SEER rating of units made was about 6.0. During 1992, the government established the minimum cooling efficiency standard for units installed, in new homes, at 10.0 SEER. All manufactured equipment on or after January 23, 2006, has a minimum efficiency standard set and mandated, by the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Does this mean I need to replace the coil too?
- The standard set by the government addresses the entire air conditioning system, not a portion of the system.
- Does your system break down often, and if so, will it break down again?
- If you answered yes, this will mean an extra additional expense for an emergency call or even worse, possible damage to the other components of your heating and cooling system.
Now ask yourself this: how long have you been experiencing this unexpected, extra out of pocket cost that you may have been able to avoid?
Contact the experts at Conejo Valley Heating and Air Conditioning and relieve yourself from unwanted expenses and worries. Along with the savings, start enjoying your new “Indoor Comfort System” today.
We offer a wide range of quality, efficient quiet furnaces, and air conditioners that will help make your indoor environment comfortable. Please contact us for details.